Altec Lansing’s SoundBlade is more than just an external Bluetooth amplifier/speaker for your mobile phone, it’s also a very usable hands free speaker phone.
Its elegant and slim design will fit into many places, but you will need to provide a little bit of access space to the back to allow for the connection of the power cable
Setup is dead easy: plug it in, turn it on. The default mode is that will, if it’s not yet paired with a device, turn on in pairing mode. So, all you need to then do is to just turn on your mobile phone, place it into Bluetooth discoverable mode, and wait for the prompt to enter your Blade’s passcode. Enter that, and you’re done.
On compatible phones, you can playback your music through the blade’s speakers, controlling the volume and tracks etc directly from your phone’s interface. The Blade also has controls that let you control the music being heard directly from the Blade itself, so there’s no real need to be right at your phone to control your music.
And when you get a call, the Blade then takes over and acts as a hands free speakerphone. You do need to be close by the Blade though, in order for its built-in microphone to be able to provide functionality through the call.
The controls on the Blade are simple, and exactly what you might expect: There’s a power button, a connect button, next track, previous track, and play/pause buttons, as well as volume up and down.
And that’s it! Sound quality was very good, with no obvious distortion even with the volume turned up to the maximum.
If you’re looking for an economical desktop handsfree solution and amplifier for your mobile phone, you would go a long way to find a better unit than the Blade.
Product: Altec Lansing inMotion SoundBlade T525
- Altec Lansing T612 – iPhone/iPod Speaker/Dock I’ve always been a fan of Altec Lansing products. To...
- Plantronics GameCom 377 One of the world leaders in sound head-wear are going...
- February 8, 2009 – Dock your pod and colour your teeth: we’re going wireless! Tonight on The Gadget Grill, we sunk our teeth into...
- Useless Gadget: Tooth Tunes Trust Tiger Electronics to come up with something that we...
- Canon EOS 5D Mk II Several years ago, Canon brought to the market the EOS...